Why Choose Us
At Cottonwood Pediatrics we are committed to providing your children with the best pediatric care in the area.
Our goals are to:
- Provide efficient, high quality service
- Create and maintain a friendly, professional environment
- Value your child, our patient, and affirm your family and its role in creating a positive, healthy environment
- Provide appropriate intervention and referrals
- Teach parents and caregivers of children appropriate care under disease, illness or injury circumstances
- Provide thorough, comprehensive services
The Cottonwood Pediatrics Difference
We believe that children need health care providers who are specially trained in children’s medicine.
What is the difference between a pediatrician and a family practice doctor?
Dr. Jantz and Dr. Watkins have completed three specialized years of training exclusively in pediatrics; a family practice doctor receives only a few months training in pediatrics. They also complete at least 50 hours each year of continuing medical education exclusively in pediatrics; a family practice doctor may complete his hours in any age range, so may not have any additional hours in pediatrics.
Children are not little adults. Their labs, x-rays and problems are different, and they can get sick more quickly than adults because their immune systems are still developing. Very young children can’t communicate well, so it is critical to know children’s diseases.
Why is board certification important?
Dr. Jantz and Dr. Watkins have national board certification, which means they have tested above an acceptable proficiency level in their area of practice.