KanCare at Cottonwood Pediatrics

Need help enrolling in KanCare?
Cottonwood Pediatrics has a KanCare Liaison available during office hours to help with the application and getting coverage.

What company to choose?
Cottonwood Pediatrics currently accepts United Healthcare Community Plan, Sunflower Health and Aetna Better Health of Kansas. When choosing one, consider medical specialists, dentists and eye doctors.

You can apply for KanCare online (KanCare website – external link) or by mailing or faxing a paper application. We have applications available at Cottonwood Pediatrics and will happily fax them for you if you would like.

Refer to our quick KanCare guide to see if you qualify and sign the second page if you would like our free assistance (for expecting parents and families with children under 18 years old).

Renewal applications may or may not be mailed to you. It is still your responsibility to send your renewal if required. Call the clearinghouse at 800-792-4884 and make a note of when the renewal needs to happen.

If you are expecting, or have a child under 18 years old, you can schedule an appointment with Cottonwood Pediatrics to get help with your KanCare application. If you have already applied, you can sign a consent letter allowing us to help you through the process.

If you are applying for the first time we take appointments from 8:30 AM to 10:30 AM, and from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM, Monday through Friday. The process could take two hours or more depending on your case.

On the day of your appointment make sure you bring relevant documents:

1. Proof of Health Insurance

If anyone in the household has insurance, you must provide copy of insurance card (front and back) and a bill or paystub proving how much the coverage costs to help determine if you have to pay monthly premiums for the KanCare coverage.

2. Proof of Income

Bring paystubs for the last 30 days, social security income benefits letter, personal and business income tax return for self-employed, or a letter including monthly and lump sum payments stating the amount, and how often you get certain income. If you are not employed, you can bring a letter of termination and a letter stating you are not currently employed.

3. Proof of Representation

If the person applying for coverage is the non-parent guardian of a child, bring guardianship papers that come from the court. Without these papers, non-parents cannot apply for KanCare. This does not apply to biological parents.

KanCare Ombudsman Liaison – Cottonwood Pediatrics

Please call (316)283-7100 to check our availability.